Philippians 4:8 ~ Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.
Matthew 5:14-16 ~ Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
~ Lisa Metzger
Websites with More Info
- Reformation Day A history of Reformation Day
- Print and Color a Picture of Martin Luther
- Reformation Day Word Search Find the Reformers in the puzzle
- Reformation Day Fair Activities A number of interesting ideas here for celebrating Reformation Day.
- Reformation Skit (best for older students, probably grades 5 - 12)
- A Unit Study on the Reformation This is from Core Knowledge and is for grade 5
- Questions and Answers about Reformation Day
- A Mighty Fortress is Our God The words and music are here
- Reformation Day This is from sundayschoollessons.com
- Luther's 95 Theses
- The Life of Martin Luther
- John Calvin
- Reformation Day October 31st or December 10? An interesting article
- Book: Martin Luther: A Man Who Changed the World by Paul L. Maier
- Book: The Pumpkin Patch Parable by Liz Curtis Higgs
- Book: Mommy, Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween? by Linda Hacon Winwood
- Article: Halloween in Light of the Scriptures
- Article: What Does the Bible Say About. . .?
- Article: When Good People Disagree - uses Halloween as a case study in conflict
Ideas for Halloween Outreach (suggested only for teens, as the scary costumes can really frighten small children or "create appetites" for Halloween that are not biblical)
- Article: Pumpkin Evangelism
- Book: The Pumpkin Patch Parable by Liz Curtis Higgs (for children)
- Leaflet: Halloween Leaflet - Light-Up-the-Night
- Tracts: Halloween Tracts
- Tracts: Chick Tracts: Turn Halloween Into a Night of Evangelism (ideas could be used with their tracts or other tracts)
History of Halloween
- Article: A Christian Perspective on the Holiday: History Page
- Article: Christians and Halloween: The Pagan Origin of Halloween
- Article: The History of Halloween -- It's Probably Not What You Think
Satanism & Halloween
- Article: The Dark Side of Halloween
- Article: The Occult Connection
- Cassette: Halloween: Invitation to the Occult? - Audiobook on Cassette by Chuck Missler
Christians Celebrating Halloween
- Article: Christians and Halloween
- Article: Halloween for Christians?
- Article: Should Christians participate in the Halloween holiday?
- Article: Happy Halloween? Is there any good reason for a Christian to celebrate it?
- Article: A Look at Halloween
- Article: Can Halloween Be an Entirely Innocent Practice?
- Article: Saints, Symbols and Celebrations: A New Perspective on Halloween
- Book: Halloween, Is It for Real? by Harold Myra